Present position: Full Professor
University of Genoa
School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Department of Pharmacy
Pharmacology & Toxicology Unit
Present professional roles:
– Deputy Dean of the School of Medicine and Pharmacy
– President of the Ethic Research Committee for the University of Genoa
– Director of the PhD course in Experimental Medicine
– Member of the board of the Italian Society of Pharmacology
– Member of the Board of the Institute of Advanced Studies of the University of Genoa
Present scientific interests
– Glutamate neurotransmission and excitotoxicity in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
– Role of Group I metabotropic glutamate receptors in shaping neuron, astrocyte and microglia biochemistry and function in ALS.
– Inflammation and bioenergetic of neurons, astrocytes and microglia in ALS.
– Contribution of non-neuronal cells to motor neuron damage in ALS.
– Mechanisms of glutamate transmission and plasticity under stressing conditions and after antidepressant drug treatment.
– Scopus: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=7101685879